About FORTLOG Services
Founded over 30 years ago as a response to the “broken, and expensive cycle of crisis intervention” in the public and private sectors, FORTLOG has built a reputation around reliably guiding leaders (and their staff members) to highly customized, interpersonal solutions that return their workforce to functional, proactive and productive teams again.
Workplace Crisis, Conflict and Change Specialist
From sudden death to layoffs or changes in management and policies, FORTLOG recognizes that crisis comes in all shapes and sizes. And while most organizations cannot predict when their next crisis will be, they can play a big role in “how bad things need to get before they get better”.
Leadership & Team Recovery Strategist
Through disarming, proactive strategies, hands-on consultations and “eye-opening” speaking opportunities, John works alongside organizations of all sizes to help neutralize the rollercoaster of “passivity, reactivity and over-correction” often felt by staff and managers following sudden change or conflict in the workplace.
“Part detective, part decoder” John skillfully guides necessary staff members through a process of re-examining personal beliefs, biases and perceptions so they can reconstruct organizational processes that better fit their post and pre-crisis environments.
CEO & Founder of FORTLOG
John Robertson is one of the leading Coaches, Consultants and Speakers that Leaders in the workplace look to “when things start to feel like they’re falling apart” due to issues with their staff, support systems and company “ethos” (character and habit driven behaviors that either make or break an organization during times of crisis). Find out more about his THRIVE-based Books, Trainings and Resources here.
Driven by a “recognition of others’ strengths” and a deep-seeded faith in their ability to find their way through even the most challenging of times— John creates an intensely inspiring environment for recovery, optimization and triumph.
With over 30 years experience leading large groups through his involvement in the church alongside shepherding public-service organizations (such as Townships, Firefighters, Police and First Responders) through their own points of crisis and transition, John is counted on time and time again as “the steady voice of reason during even the most challenging of storms” .
Clients & Organizations Served
FORTLOG is known for its ability to help reframe crises and shift team dynamics. Some sectors and organizations served include:
FIRST RESPONDERS | TOWNSHIPS | SCHOOL BOARDS | PUBLIC & PRIVATE ORGANIZATIONS | VICTIM SERVICES | NOT FOR PROFITS INDIGENOUS & AT-RISK COMMUNITIES | UNIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
- AECL [now CNL]– Chalk River and Deep River
- Algonquin College
- Banks – BMO, Scotia Bank, RBC & CIBC
- CALDA - Canadian Airline Dispatchers Association.
- Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health
- Carleton University
- Chemical Plant in Brockville [it was
- DuPont called Invista]
- Christie Lake camp staff
- City of Ottawa- OC Transpo
- CP Rail
- Delta Hotel
- DND -Referral Agent training
- EMO now OFMEM
- FireCon -
- First Air
- Haldimand County tri service [Fire, EMS & Police]
- HRG Worldwide
- Hydro One [Perth]
- Kemptville Hospital
- Lakehead University
- Ministry of Education
- Museum of Science and Technology – Ottawa
- NRC – CSTT [National Research Council Centre for Surface Transportation & Technology] –
- OCDSB – board office & 2 schools
- OFS – Ottawa Fire Service
- Operation Come Home
- OPG – Ontario Power Generation
- OPP – Ontario Provincial Police
- OPS – Ottawa Police Service
- Ottawa Blues Fest
- Ottawa EMS
- Ottawa Fire service & EMS
- Ottawa Hospital
- Ottawa Salus Corp. Community Mental Health Services
- Ottawa Valley Tri Service
- Pacific Safety Products [Arnprior]
- Perth Hospital
- PHAC- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Prestigious Home builder
- Queensway Carleton Hospital
- RCMP, Aboriginal Policing in Nipissing Reserve, Durham regional Police Service, Brockville Police Service, OPP,
- Red Cross
- RCDSB- Renfrew County District School Board
- Rotary Service Club
- Salvation Army
- Schindler Elevators, Ottawa
- Shepherds of Good Hope
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- Sudbury EMS
- The Pembroke Hospital
- University of Ottawa
- United Counties of Prescott-Russell –
- United Counties of Leeds-Grenville
- VCARS - Victim Crisis Assistance and Referral Services [several locations]
- WRPS – Waterloo Regional Police Service
“I want to say THANK YOU again for coming down to help our department. It was fantastic. The way you can bring calm to a room and manage to connect with the members is something that has me in complete awe and a skill that I am beyond envious of. You also left a lasting impression on the guys as I know some of them have spoken about it as well so I cannot say thank you enough. Our guys seem to be doing well and fingers crossed it continues.”
Operations and Fire Services Coordinator, Township of Augusta
Associates & Allies
FORTLOGS services, by nature, work closely alongside talented and experienced associates such as: Network of Trauma Responders and Certified Trauma Specialists, Social Workers, Counselors, Doctors; Grief, Trauma, Bereavement and Relationship Specialists; Clergy, Chaplains, CHRP and other HR Professionals.
The Fortlog Advantage
Organizations across North America have been benefiting from FORTLOG’s Interpersonal Crisis Management, Coaching & Consulting services for over 30 years, counting on John to help shepherd them through their most challenging storms. Today, a growing number of workplaces benefit from John’s proven strategies, systems and speeches that focus on integrating core-value practices “not just policies and procedures''.